Company Values: GRIT
- Growth – We are dedicated to the personal and professional growth of all our team members.
- Respect – We promote mutual respect and alignment of company purpose, professional goals, while recognizing the value in diverse personalities and work styles who are aligned to create a great company.
- Integrity – We have the courage to do “the right thing”.
- Trust – Placing trust in each other and empowering each other to do great work are essential to the wellbeing of our organization.
Key Roles for the Position:
- Works together with a team
- Works daily tasks which include building and constructing fiber optic cable plant
- Performs construction work such as digging holes and climbing utility poles
- Responds to and participates in emergency and outage situations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive company vehicle in performance of job duties
- Set, remove and repair utility poles.
- Guy, lash, de‐lash, pull, and place strand, cable and grounding systems.
- Assure crew’s compliance with company safety policies.
- Read and follow maps
- Plan work effectively and in a timely manner to meet committed completion dates.
- Safeguard and account for company property assigned to your crew and keep accurate records of equipment.
- Safely and effectively use tools including, but not limited to, extension ladders, step ladders, vehicle mounted aerial lift devices, and assorted hand tools.
- Personally assure the quality of each job according to PSLightwave standards.
- Accurately summarize work flow.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Assure crew’s compliance with vehicle maintenance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Valid Texas Driver’s License, and be insurable by PSLightwave’s insurance carrier.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Speak, read, and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Comply with company dress code for field personnel.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized under pressure.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum two (2) years’ comparable experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).