Company Values: GRIT
- Growth – We are dedicated to the personal and professional growth of all our team members.
- Respect – We promote mutual respect and alignment of company purpose, professional goals, while recognizing the value in diverse personalities and work styles who are aligned to create a great company.
- Integrity – We have the courage to do “the right thing”.
- Trust – Placing trust in each other and empowering each other to do great work are essential to the wellbeing of our organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fiber Splicing
- OTDR Testing
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive company vehicle in performance of job duties
- Assure crew’s compliance with company safety policies and procedures
- Accurately and timely complete and submit all documents associated with each job including bill of materials, work orders, and splice case audits
- Read and follow maps
- Plan work effectively and complete in a timely manner to meet committed completion dates
- Safeguard and account for company property assigned to your crew and keep accurate records of equipment
- Safely and effectively use tools including, but not limited to, extension ladders, step ladders, vehicle mounted aerial lift devices, fusion fiber splicers, power meters, OTDRS, light and traffic meters and assorted hand tools
- Accurately account for all hours expended on each work order
- Coordinate work activities courteously and effectively with customers
- Personally, assure the quality of each job according to PS Lightwave standards
- Research and verify fiber routes in all environments
- Retrieve OTDR traces and process if needed
- Assure crew’s compliance with vehicle maintenance.
- Coordinate access of building entry when needed
- Actively track progress of outages, time, material, manpower, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and be insurable by PS Light Wave’s insurance carrier.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule and be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week as needed
- Speak, read, and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions
- Comply with company dress code for field personnel
- Must have knowledge of how to fusion splice both loose tube and ribbon fiber optic cables. Know how to place a mid‐sheath splice
- Must be proficient with all fiber optic splicing, testing and troubleshooting tools and materials
- Provide personal hand tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, co‐workers, subordinates and customers
- Ability to comprehend maps and fiber splicing detail
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and make good sound decisions based on information given.
- Ability to multitask and stay organized under pressure
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum two (2) years’ comparable experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience)