Company Values: GRIT
- Growth – We are dedicated to the personal and professional growth of all our team members.
- Respect – We promote mutual respect and alignment of company purpose, professional goals, while recognizing the value in diverse personalities and work styles who are aligned to create a great company.
- Integrity – We have the courage to do “the right thing”.
- Trust – Placing trust in each other and empowering each other to do great work are essential to the wellbeing of our organization.
Key Roles for the Position:
- Expert knowledge on packet optical systems for Carrier Grade Services
- Maintain SOPs for Operations, Administration, and Maintenance of Carrier Services
- Inventory control and documentation of installed systems, spares, upgrades
- Carrier systems services expert
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Network capacity planning and engineering of DWDM and Carrier Services from 10Mbps-100G, and beyond
- Assist Sales Engineering in customer solutions to drive company profitability
- Evaluate Optics, DWDM, and Carrier grade L2/L3 equipment vendors
- Assist in Build of Materials (BOM) and Scope of Work (SOW) for complex network maintenances and expansions
- Create and maintain visual maps of PS Lightwave’s expanding DWDM network
- Provide tier III support of complex issues for DWDM and Carrier Services
- Additional duties as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and troubleshooting skills.
- Solid knowledge and/or experience with CWDM, DWDM, and coherent optical systems
- Solid knowledge of linear and non-linear effects of optical signals over fiber
- Experience with optical fiber measurements and troubleshooting (OTDR, OSA, power meters, VFLs, etc.)
- Robust verbal communication and documentation skills
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, and Visio
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments as well as being highly organized
- Ability and eagerness to always be learning new skills or technologies
- Ability and eagerness to assist team members in day-to-day tasks and troubleshooting
- Shift flexibility: Monday through Friday and willingness and flexibility to accept on call